I categorise the mini bus drivers into 2 groups:
1. The OK Unfriendlies
a. The middle-aged one
b. The white-haired old one
Both of them raise their left hands with passion to acknowledge the passengers' destination, do not shout at passengers and will ask if anyone wants to alight at a certain stop sometimes. But in my five months here, I have not seen them smile.
2. The Scary Rudies
a. The young fat one
b. The vampire looking one
c. The bespectacled middle-aged one
The young fat one shouted at me once when I flagged for 29A (that he was driving) instead of 29. He stopped the bus, turned to me with difficulty (cos' he is fat and his fat neck and big tummy got in his way) and shouted in Cantonese that I could not understand. Then, shut the door and sped off, leaving me in bewilderment.
First of all, the vampire-looking one really looks like a Chinese zombie. He has high cheek bones, sunken cheeks, dark eye-circles, sallow skin and thin. So, I already do not like him. He usually only raises his left hand quarter-heartedly to acknowledge the passengers' destination. Then, when I repeated myself once, he gave me the I-am-going-to-tear-you-apart look from the mirror.
My workplace is usually jammed with cars at a certain time. I am supposed to alight at a desserted mini-bus stop before the school, where I usually alight. On such a day (I was later than usual), I shouted for my destination (desserted bus stop). He looked into the mirror, shouted something in cantonese and made everyone in the bus look at me. I was so embarrassed.
Today, I am going to promote the vampire-looking one to Category 1 - The OK Unfriendlies. I discovered we had common enemy - The Angmos. He shouted at one today when that monkey pretended he did not know he had to queue. He slammed the door shut at his face several times when it persisted to get up the bus. He only opened the door to let another black-haired yellow-skinned man in.
Congratulation, Uncle!
Thursday, June 12, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment